Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sound Installation?


So even though im not in Vitello's class im still extremely interested in sound and thats pretty much all im doing right now. I have a few concerns, which i will now dump on all of you:

For my candidacy exhibit, right now i plan on having an installation piece with sound, photo/sculptural objects and maybe some moving image, but i want to focus to be on the sound, with everything else coming second.
Soooooooo, do any of you have any suggestions on how to install without those awesome dome things (which we dont have, i dont think), without a room of my own to install in, and without having my work bleed into someone else's space, AND without tacky-ass headphones. i hate those, and they wouldnt work with the whole idea of "installation".
shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
any help, suggestions, links, references to the actual installation of sound, artists who have used it in an "alternative" (dare i say) way.
thanks guys, i love you!

3 comments:

judasprime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jumpcutjen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
judasprime said...

I would be interested to know more about the actual project in order to better help figure out your technical problems- well thats what I would say anyway...if I knew any real tech stuff. I will leave that up to the rest of you out there with more info. But in the mean time please fill us in on your proposed multi-media extravaganza! ;)